If you are finding ways to build a hangar, then here are a few steps to do it. This article tells you all those important things that you should consider when designing a hangar space to use your airport space in the best way.
What are the limitations, or requirements?
Sletten companies have successfully completed various aviation, and airport construction projects from ticketing counters, and airport hangars, interior renovations, baggage claim areas, and restaurant facility construction, and remodels.
The site and location properties determine the size and design of the hangar. You need to look at several details such as geographical positioning of the hangar, block size, soil type etc. Whether you are constructing hangar on an existing airport, or private property, all these considerations will impact the construction, and design of hangar.
Are you aware of Airports Requirements?
If you are constructing an airport, then it is needed that you check the minimum standards of the airport for airport buildings. You need to look out for the necessary criteria, and specifics for your hangar. There are a few specific building design needs on an airfield. The design of the hangar is required to be designed to meet the airport restrictions.
Many airports will have a coding system for metal cladding. They may even require you to use specific non-reflective colors that would not shine. It is advised to talk to the airport officials and the hangar owners to learn about the requirements.
What are the common types of restrictions to look for?
Some of the common types of restrictions that hangar owners need to follow are mentioned below:
- The total size of the block that can be enclosed by the building?
- How near can it get to the envelope boundaries?
- Are there any fire limitations? Fire-rated concrete walls or Insulated walls can be required.
- What are the waste needs? It can include downpipes, drainage, and a tank.
- What types of cladding types are permitted? Zinc-based cladding isn’t permitted because of its reflective attributes.
- Do you need a closed floor?
- What type of access is required for your hangar?
- Check airport, and local council requirements prior to begin designing the new hangar.
In addition to this information, and the construction guide will help you get a detailed understanding of developing any aircraft hangar right from beginning to end.